Go(lang) Adtech Engineer - Full Time / Working Student / Trainee
JustWatch is an international movie marketing startup based in Berlin. Founded in October 2014 by an experienced and successful team with world-class knowledge in marketing, product and AdTech we are constantly looking for passionate people to join our mission.
JustWatch offers data-driven movie marketing for the film industry. Based on user data from justwatch.com and our apps - by now the largest streaming search engine worldwide - we run data-driven digital marketing campaigns for Hollywood’s latest blockbusters as well as for independent movies.
Who we are looking for:
Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring. We only want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”. Dedication to software craftsmanship and a drive for elegant and simple solutions come in a close second.
In addition, for this particular role we are looking for:
- Smart people with a desire to ship
- At least a few months of deep familiarity of the Go(lang) language
- Skills around the linux command line including basic networking and web technologies
- Experience with some SQL and NoSQL data stores, preferably PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redshift or Spark
- Solid code craftsmanship including great communication and writing code to be read by others
- A practical view towards technology, sensibly choosing between cutting-edge tech and stable, boring solutions
- Fluent in English, ability to work onsite in Berlin
- You will advance the very internals of our Adtech systems, dealing with really low latencies at really high volumes
- You will care about tooling, metrics and other solutions to hold up our data engineering quality to the highest standards
- You will write, extend and debug microservices for both existing and planned features
- You will engage on all the levels of advertisement technology - from cookie policies to massively parallel computation
- You will design and document complex user interactions through multiple systems and baking them into readable code
- You will help design data models and schemas on different data stores (Protobuf, Aerospike, SQL)
- You will excel in an international and internationalized environment, caring for the needs of our users in 16 countries so far
- You will interface closely with our infrastructure team in building highly available and reliable services
- You will become part of a passionate, professional and friendly team while getting first-hand experience in building a world-leading tech company
- A steep learning curve: You will work directly with and learn from Dominik and his team who are leading experts in systems design, infrastructure operations and site reliability engineering.
- A challenging environment with an open feedback culture and a strong focus on personal development
- Lots of room for personal development, freedom and responsibility
- You will have access to an experienced founder team with an international track record in building successful tech companies
Sounds like you? Great, we’d like to meet you. Just send us a short mail that gives us an idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV, or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become!
Apply to email@example.com now! We are very much looking forward to meeting you.