Senior Go(lang) Site Reliablity Engineer
JustWatch is an international movie marketing startup based in Berlin. Founded in October 2014 by an experienced and successful team with world-class knowledge in marketing, product and AdTech we are constantly looking for passionate people to join our mission.
JustWatch offers data-driven movie marketing for the film industry. Based on user data from justwatch.com and our apps - by now the largest streaming search engine worldwide - we run data-driven digital marketing campaigns for Hollywood’s latest blockbusters as well as for independent movies.
Who we are looking for:
Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring. We only want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”. Dedication to software craftsmanship and a drive for elegant and simple solutions come in a close second.
In addition, for this particular role we are looking for:
- Smart people with a desire to ship
- At least a few months of deep familiarity of the Go language - on top of an excellent background in other languages
- Mastery of Linux and ecosystem from bootloader to hypervisor
- Feeling home on the Linux command line including detailed knowledge of networking and web technologies
- Experience with various SQL and NoSQL data stores, preferably PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch or Aerospike
- Proficiency in active and passive security measures and cryptography
- Experience in data structures and primitives of distributed systems
- Ability and desire to work with cutting edge container and cluster technology
- Fluent in English, ability to work onsite in Berlin
- You will continuously improve developer experience with fast builds, quick (canary) deployments and ChatOps
- You will care about great metrics and sane alerting at a low false-positive rate
- You will make distributed systems reliable, fault tolerant and highly available
- You will build immutable infrastructure based on the 12factor methodology, incorporating cluster, configuration and credentials management
- You will set up, maintain, debug and optimize different data stores
- You will write lots of software too, always striving for the highest level of automatization and sharpening your engineering skills
- You will orchestrate dozens of internal and external services and keep them fast and secure
- You will be available to share pager duty for the rare instances of something serious happening
- You will become part of a passionate, professional and friendly team while getting first-hand experience in building a world-leading tech company
- A steep learning curve: You will work directly with and learn from Dominik and his team who are leading experts in systems design, infrastructure operations and site reliability engineering.
- A challenging environment with an open feedback culture and a strong focus on personal development
- Lots of room for personal development, freedom and responsibility
- You will have access to an experienced founder team with an international track record in building successful tech companies
Sounds like you? Great, we’d like to meet you. Just send us a short mail that gives us an idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV, or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become!
Apply to email@example.com now! We are very much looking forward to meeting you.