Lead Product Engineer - Campaign Technology (Golang / Angular)
JustWatch is an international movie marketing startup based in Berlin. Founded in October 2014 by an experienced and successful team with world-class knowledge in marketing, product and AdTech we are constantly looking for passionate people to join our mission.
JustWatch offers data-driven movie marketing for the film industry. Based on user data from justwatch.com and our apps - by now the largest streaming search engine worldwide - we run data-driven digital marketing campaigns for Hollywood’s latest blockbusters as well as for independent movies.
Who we are looking for:
Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring. We only want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”. Dedication to software craftsmanship and a drive for elegant and simple solutions come in a close second.
In addition, for this particular role we are looking for:
- A leadership personality for our existing Campaign Technology team, consisting of a handful of very smart and hungry Junior Engineers:
- You have demonstrated responsibility for repeatable results on a software product in a highly dynamic environment before, preferably with multiple stakeholders
- You have an Engineering background with either deep Backend skills (Go, API design, SQL) or advanced Frontend chops (JS ES6, AngularJS, UX) - with a willingness to quickly learn enough about the other side to be a credible mentor in any situation
- Skills around the linux command line including basic networking and web technologies
- Experience with some SQL data stores, preferably PostgreSQL
- Solid code craftsmanship including great communication and writing code to be read by others
- A practical view towards technology, sensibly choosing between cutting-edge tech and stable, boring solutions
- Fluent in English, ability to work onsite in Berlin
- You will take full responsibility our internal campaign management systems, working directly with the people using it every day to make them more productive - as well as working on product strategy with the founders
- Hands-on evolution of our internal core product with full responsibility for product, UX and technical design
- You’re motivated more by results than technology, as some part of the job isn’t the shiniest tech in town - but you get a kick from working fast, with a lot of responsibility and together with some really smart colleagues on one of the most important topics in our company
- You will mentor and develop the talent we already have on board, as well as find and hire promising candidates for your team
- You do care about clean craft, good tooling, metrics though to fit your solutions into our 12factor Kubernetes stack, deploying it with ChatOps, which is fun
- You’re experienced wrangling data from all kinds of sources - JSON / CSV / ProtoBuf / REST / SOAP -> you’ve seen and debugged through your share of dirty and unreliable third party data
- You have an eye for simplicity and constantly try to make complex things happening in the background easy and approachable to users, baking them into readable code
- You will own and design all data models and schemas and can deal with modern SQL (CTEs, constraints, transactions)
- You will excel in an international and internationalized environment, caring for the needs of all our internal users in Berlin and Los Angeles
- You will become part of a passionate, professional and friendly team while getting first-hand experience in building a world-leading tech company
- High speed, low friction: You’ll own the roadmap, deliverables and milestones - and directly lead a small commando team without any heavy management processes inbetween
- A steep learning curve: You will work directly with and learn from Dominik and Christoph who are leading experts in campaign technology, product management and internal software engineering.
- A challenging environment with an open feedback culture and a strong focus on personal development
- Lots of room for personal development, freedom and responsibility
- You will have access to an experienced founder team with an international track record in building successful tech companies
Sounds like you? Great, we’d like to meet you. Just send us a short mail that gives us an idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV, or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become!
Apply to email@example.com now! We are very much looking forward to meeting you.