March 3, 2023
22 weeks left
After taking on Ivan Drago’s son in the ring, Adonis Creed is back for another round. Find out what’s next for the fighter in Creed III – the ninth installment in the Rocky franchise.
What to know
Creed III is a sports drama film produced by MGM Studios. The film is the third in the Creed series and the ninth in the Rocky franchise. Michael B. Jordan not only stars as the title character but also serves as the film’s director in the actor’s directorial debut. This latest instalment uses IMAX cameras and technology for the first time in the franchise.
The boxing film is based on a story by Ryan Coogler, who directed 2015’s Creed, and a screenplay by Keenan Coogler and Zach Baylin. Starring alongside Michael B. Jordan are Tessa Thompson, Phylicia Rashad, and Jonathan Majors. Creed III will be the first film in the Rocky franchise to not star Sylvester Stallone, although the actor remains a producer.
The Rocky franchise began in 1976 when the original Rocky movie was released. Rocky would go on to become a global phenomenon and take home the Oscar for Best Picture and Best Director. The first film and its sequels have brought nearly two billion dollars in revenue.
Where can I stream Creed III?
Creed III will be released in theaters on March 3, 2023. It should also be set for a release in IMAX cinemas at the same time. Check back with JustWatch to find out where and when the film will be available to stream.
Production: Timeline, news & updates
- December 26, 2018: After it’s suggested Clubber Lang’s son could be played in a sequel by Deontay Wilder, both Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone express interest in such a character entering the Rocky canon. Lang was a former heavyweight champion and the main antagonist in Rocky III. (Source: TMZ Sports)
- September 6, 2019: Michael B. Jordan confirms that Creed III is in active development at the Toronto International Film Festival. (Source: Entertainment Tonight Canada)
- October 24, 2020: Michael B. Jordan is set to make his directorial debut on Creed III alongside starring in the film. (Source: ScreenRant)
- June 2, 2021: Jonathan Majors is confirmed to be playing a large role in Creed III as the primary antagonist. (Source: Collider)
- June 2, 2021: The first poster for Creed III was released showing Michael B. Jordan's character Donnie Creed ready for a fight.(Source: Collider)
- January 20, 2022: Filming for Creed III begins in Atlanta, Georgia. (Source: MovieWeb)
- July 28, 2022: The release date for this boxing epic was pushed back to March 3, 2023. (Source: ScreenRant)
Creed III streaming: where to watch online?
Creed III will be available to stream from March 3, 2023. The streaming service that will include Creed III in its media library is still unknown, but you can stay updated by tracking this movie on JustWatch.