Evil Dead Rise(2023)
The paranormal force of the Necronomicon is being unleashed upon Los Angeles. Ellie is a single mother of three kids. Struggling in their small apartment, the young family is glad to receive a visitor. Beth, Ellie’s erstwhile sister, is paying them all a visit. The reconciliation is wrenched away from the siblings by the discovery of an esoteric text in the building. The Necronomicon brings forth possessive demons set to test the family to their limit with an unthinkable nightmare scenario. Can motherhood and sisterhood survive the horror that awaits? Or will evil prevail over even the strongest of bonds?
What to know
Evil Dead Rise is an upcoming supernatural horror movie that is the fifth installment of the Evil Dead franchise created by acclaimed director and producer Sam Raimi. The film is written and directed by Lee Cronin, who is best known for his 2019 picture The Hole in the Ground. The Irish filmmaker was hand-picked by Sam Raimi to write and direct. Robert Tapert, franchise-favourite, Bruce Campbell, and, Sam Raimi are all signed on as executive producers. Creating suspense in the score is Stephen McKeon who worked with Cronin on The Hole in the Ground. Dave Garbett is the cinematographer after having previously worked within the Evil Dead franchise. Keeping the continuity within the franchise, Bryan Shaw edits the movie after having been the editor for the 2013 reboot Evil Dead.
Australian actress and model, Alyssa Sutherland plays Ellie, a single mother raising three kids in a small apartment. Her sister Beth, played by Lily Sullivan is visiting the family as they discover something supernatural. There is room in the cast for Ali Asghar Shah, Gabrielle Echols, Morgan Davies, Neil Fisher, and Mia Challis.
Where to stream
Evil Dead Rise will be released in cinemas on April 21, 2023. It will thereafter be released to HBO Max. The exact date on which it will hit the streaming service has not been confirmed.
Production: Timeline, news & updates
- October 5, 2019: Franchise creator Sam Raimi confirmed that a new Evil Dead movie was in the works with Bruce Campbell confirmed to produce. (Source: MovieWeb)
- June 8, 2020: Producer Bruce Campbell confirmed that Lee Cronin would be directing the next Evil Dead movie. He revealed that the director was handpicked by Sam Raimi. (Source: Empire)
- May 26, 2021: The movie was confirmed to be titled Evil Dead Rise and was picked up by New Line and HBO Max. Lily Sullivan and Alyssa Sutherland were revealed to be starring.(Source: Hollywood Reporter)
- June 6, 2021: The movie began filming in New Zealand. (Source: Collider)
- October 27, 2021: Filming for the movie was completed with over 6500 liters of fake blood being used in the process. (Source: comicbook)
- April 11, 2022: Stephen McKeon was confirmed to be composing the score for the movie. (Source: Film Music Reporter)
- August 24, 2022: Evil Dead Rise was given a theatrical window with the movie hitting cinemas on April 21, 2023(Source: Collider)
- January 4, 2023: A red-band and a green-band trailer for the movie were both released teasing a bloody continuation of the franchise. (Source: Collider)
Videos: Trailers, Teasers, Featurettes
Evil Dead Rise streaming: where to watch online?
We try to add new providers constantly but we couldn't find an offer for "Evil Dead Rise" online. Please come back again soon to check if there's something new.