August 12, 2022
11 weeks left
Nope is written and directed by iconic horror director Jordan Peele. The comedian-turned-director is known for chilling horror movies such as Us and Get Out – for which Peele won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay and was nominated for Best Motion Picture of the Year.
What To Know
Peele wrote the script with Daniel Kaluuya in mind to play James Haywood. This is the pair’s second collaboration, following 2017’s hugely successful Get Out. Also starring in the film are Keke Palmer as Jill Haywood, Steven Yeun as Brian, Michael Wincott as Craig, and Barbie Ferreira as Danielle. Following the success of Jordan Peele's Get Out in 2017, Hollywood took note of of the director's ability to create powerful genre films. Universal Pictures was particularly interested in Peele's gifts and signed him to a five-year deal that would make way for more diversity and black filmmaking in the industry. Peele took home an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay in 2018, becoming the first black writer-director to do so with a first film.
Where can I stream NOPE?
NOPE will be released in theaters worldwide on July 22, 2022. Be sure to check back on JustWatch to find out when NOPE will be available on a streaming platform.
Production: Timeline, news & updates
- October 2019: Universal Pictures announces a five-year partnership with Jordan Peele on original, auteur driven genre movies following the success of Get Out. (Source: Deadline Hollywood)
- November 9, 2020: Universal gives a release date of July 22, 2022 for an untitled movie written and directed by Jordan Peele. (Source: Hollywood Reporter)
- February 2021: Keke Palmer and Daniel Kaluuya join the cast. Jesse Plemons turns down a role in the movie in order to star in Killers of the Flower Moon. (Source: Deadline Hollywood)
- February 13, 2022: After a poster for NOPE is released, a teaser trailer airs during a Super Bowl LVI commercial break featuring the song “Fingertips” by Stevie Wonder. The trailer is praised for creating an atmosphere of suspense and excitement without revealing plot details. (Source: The Verge)
- March 2022: A second film poster is released of a horse in the air, leading fans and critics to speculate the film deals with extraterrestrial life. (Source: IGN)
Videos: Trailers, Teasers, Featurettes
Nope streaming: where to watch online?
Nope will be available to stream from . The streaming service that will include Nope in its media library is still unknown, but you can stay updated by tracking this movie on JustWatch.