Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities(2022)
Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities shakes up the genre of horror to reveal the gothic, the magical, the odd and the ominous. Each episode in this eerie anthology challenges the traditional ideas of horror differently and tells a uniquely terrifying story of disquieting darkness.
What to know
Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities is an upcoming anthology horror series produced by Netflix. As the title suggests, Academy Award-winning filmmaker and writer Guillermo del Toro is the mind behind the show. The idea for the show is adapted from a book of sketches, observations, and illustrations the acclaimed filmmaker publishe din 2013.
Del Toro personally handpicked writers and directors bring the ideas in the book life, meaning that he took a backseat in production and largely worked as an executive producer. However, he is expected to introduce each episode in a style reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock. Further, he is slated to introduce each episode as the presenter.
The confirmed directors are Jennifer Kent (The Babadook), David Prior (The Empty Man), Guillermo Navarro, Keith Thomas (The Vigil), Panos Cosmatos, Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight), Vincenzo Natali, Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night). Many of them are also taking a role in their own writing of their episodes with additional help from David S. Goyer and Regina Corrado. Confirmed to be starring in the series are Rupert Grint, Eric Andre, Charlyne Yi, Sofia Boutella, Tim Blake Nelson and Kate Micucci amongst others.
Where to stream
Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities will be available to stream on Netflix on October 25, 2022. The eight episodes will be released over four days across the spooky season.
Production: Timeline, news & updates
- 14 May, 2018: Netflix announce that Guillermo del Toro is developing a horror anthology series with the title Guillermo del Toro Presents 10 After Midnight. (Source: Variety)
- September 2, 2021: Jennifer Kent is confirmed to be reuniting with actress Essie Davis from their hit horror The Babadook for one of the eight episodes of the anthology series. The rest of the directors and majority of the cast is also announced.(Source: Hollywood Reporter)
- December 1, 2021:Rupert Grint is confirmed to have joined the cast after impressing del Toro in his appearance in the horror show Servant.(Source: ScreenRant)
- June 6, 2022:The first teaser for the film is released confirming the additional casting of Eric Andre and Sofia Boutella. The teaser offers some of the different styles of filmmaking on show throughout the anthology and confirms a 2022 release date. (Source: YouTube)
- August 15, 2022:A new trailer for the show is released. It offers brief glimpses of each of the episodes with an introduction by series creator Guillermo del Toro. Still images from each episode of the anthology demonstrate the detailed practical effects being used across the series. (Source: Collider)
- September 30, 2022: Netflix drops another trailer for the anthology series, giving fans a glimpse at the series' tone and the appearance of the monsters inside. (Source: Screen Rant)
Videos: Trailers, Teasers, Featurettes
Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities - watch online: streaming, buy or rent
Currently you are able to watch "Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities" streaming on Netflix, Netflix basic with Ads.