Knock at the Cabin(2023)
Andrew and Eric are taking their adopted daughter Wen on a family holiday. Amidst the tall trees in the secluded forest, the trio is finally getting some downtime. The glistening lake water is perfect to swim in and there are enough species of bugs to keep Wen busy. The cabin is exactly what the family needs. Until it isn’t. Four figures appear in the woods and arrive at the cabin with disturbing news. United by an apocalyptic prophecy, the four are driven to force the family into an impossible decision. Ruthless and unrelenting, the invaders cannot be reasoned with nor deterred from their goal. A sacrifice must be made.
What to know
Knock at the Cabin is an upcoming psychological horror film by cult director M. Night Shyamalan. Distributed by Universal Pictures, the movie marks the second in a two-film collaboration between the studio and Shyamalan’s production company, Blinding Edge Pictures. The film is an adaptation of the novel The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul G. Tremblay. As is often the case for movies that he directs, Shyamalan is also co-writing the screenplay with help from Michael Sherman and Steve Desmond. Defining the visual style as the cinematographer is Jarin Blaschke. Known as a frequent collaborator with director Robert Eggers, Blaschke helmed the camera for The Witch, The Lighthouse, and The Northman . Shyamalan shot the film with lenses from the 1990s to give it the aesthetic and feel of an old-school thriller.
Leading the cast for this apocalyptic horror is the actor and retired wrestler Dave Bautista playing Leonard head of the four-person invasion team. Rupert Grint, returning to a feature role for the first time in eight years will be playing Redmond. Nikki Amuka-Bird is Adriane with Abby Quinn making up the quartet and playing the character Sabrina. The four-member team will be forcing a deadly decision on a vacationing couple. Jonathan Groff and Ben Aldridge are Andrew and Eric the pair in peril during their cabin getaway. They’ll be seeking to protect their daughter Wen at all costs who is played by child actress Kristen Cui in her first ever role.
Where to stream
Knock at the Cabin will be released in cinemas on February 3, 2022. It is not yet confirmed where it will be available to stream.
Production: Timeline, news & updates
- December 6, 2019: The screenplay for the movie by Michael Sherman and Steve Desmond was listed as one of the most popular unproduced screenplays of the year. (Source: Deadline)
- October 13, 2021: The movie is confirmed to be titled Knock at the Cabin and is set for a February 3, 2023 release date. M Night. Shyamalan is attached as part of his two-movie deal with Universal. (Source: Deadline)
- December 6, 2021: Dave Bautista is cast as the lead in the upcoming movie. (Source: Deadline)
- February 16, 2022: Filling out the cast with frequent collaborators Shyamalan casts both Rupert Grint and Nikki Amuka-Bird in the upcoming feature.(Source: Variety)
- March 3, 2022: Ben Aldridge and Jonathan Groff both join the picture in unconfirmed roles.(Source: Variety)
- April 19, 2022: Filming for Knock at the Cabin began marking the directors fifteenth feature film. (Source: Collider)
- May 6, 2022: M. Night Shyamalan teased some details about the aesthetic of the film. He confirmed that he was usig specific lenses from the 1990s in shooting in order to give the film the feel of an old school thriller. (Source: ScreenRant)
- June 11, 2022: Knock at the Cabin finishes shooting with a statement from the director on twitter claiming that he had been changed as a person and as an artist by the film.(Source: Twitter)
- September 22, 2022: The first trailer for the movie is released showing the young family enjoying a sunny getaway before the tone shifts teasing the terrifying events that unfold.(Source: YouTube)
Knock at the Cabin streaming: where to watch online?
We try to add new providers constantly but we couldn't find an offer for "Knock at the Cabin" online. Please come back again soon to check if there's something new.