CastJason Mamoa returns as Arthur Curry, also known as Aquaman, the half-human/half-Atlantan superhero with the powers to swim at supersonic speeds and speak to aquatic lifeforms. Also back for the sequel is Amber Heard who plays Xebel, the daughter of King Nereus. Willem Dafoe stars as Nuidis Vulko, mentor to Aquaman and the vizier of Atlantis. Yahya Abdul-Mateen is back in his role of Black Manta, the King of Xebel. Patrick Wilson portrays Orm Marius, Arthur’s half-brother and the former king of Atlantis. Nicole Kidman reprises her role of Atlanna, Arthur and Orm’s mother and previous queen of Atlantis.
Where can I stream Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom?Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom will be released in theaters on March 17, 2023. The film will be available to stream on HBO Max 45 days after it opens in theaters.
Production: Timeline, news & updates
- October 2018: It’s revealed that during the filming of the previous Aquaman movie, Jason Mamoa pitched story ideas for the sequel. The actor sought to play a more active role in the film’s development. Director James Wan stated that there were a multitude of ideas that could be the foundation for upcoming Aquaman films, in part due to the seven unexplored underwater kingdoms that would make for strong stories. (Source: Syfy Wire)
- February 2019: Warner Bros. hires David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick to write the screenplay. (Source: Variety)
- March 2019: Director James Wan and producer Peter Safran reveal that they don’t want to rush the sequel, which is why the film’s planned release date is four years after the first movie. Warner Bros. expressed support for their decision and their plan to approach the franchise similarly to what they had done in the Conjuring universe by creating stories that run parallel to the original film. This includes creating films based on the other underwater kingdoms. (Source: Hollywood Reporter)
- March 2020: Script writer David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick lets the public know that the Aquaman sequel will not be based one one specific comic book but will take inspiration from the Silver Age of Comic Books in which Aquaman stories featured Black Manta as the villain. (Source: Comic Book Resources)
- August 2020: James Wan confirms that he will be directing Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and that the sequel will be a more serious film than its predecessor, showcasing themes more relevant to the real world. (Source: Deadline Hollywood)
Videos: Trailers, Teasers, Featurettes
Aquaman streaming: where to watch online?
Currently you are able to watch "Aquaman" streaming on HBO Max. It is also possible to buy "Aquaman" on Amazon Video, Vudu, Apple iTunes, Google Play Movies, YouTube, DIRECTV, AMC on Demand, Redbox, Microsoft Store as download or rent it on AMC on Demand, Apple iTunes, Amazon Video, Google Play Movies, YouTube, Vudu, Microsoft Store, Redbox, DIRECTV online.